Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kwik Sew 3315

Hi!

Who knew that being at home would make one so busy?  One of the things I've noticed was that my entire wardrobe was mostly made up of work clothes and I had little in the way of casual clothing.  And, without the extra $$$ to just go buy more clothing (and of course, more time to sew) I decided that it was time to sew myself some jeans.

I pulled out my Kwik Sew jeans pattern and some denim and went to work.  I used non-stretch 8 oz. denim that I had in my stash and it worked out just fine even though this is a pattern specifically for stretch.  Frankly, I think the pattern will work with just about any fabric.  I cut the bootcut version.


 
 
 
I had my husband snap these pictures this morning before he ran off to work.
 


 
 
I hate this picture of my rear end but such is life.  We get old, don't we?  Anyways, I didn't do much of a detail on the pockets mainly because as I got to that detail, I simply didn't know what to stitch.  I used one of the decorative stitches on my machine just to see what it looked like but I always wear my shirts untucked so half of the pockets are covered anyways.
 
 

This is a close up of the pocket detail.  I had a heck of a time getting the button closure on that I completely omitted the rivets.  I just didn't want to deal with them.  It give the jeans a nice, clean look and I honestly don't miss having rivets. 

These jeans were such a joy to make and I'm so pleased with the way they fit that my white 10 oz. bull denim is in its second wash and dry for my next pair.  I'm going to cut the straight leg version this time to see how that looks.  The bootcut tends to look and feel a little big, even though it really isn't. 

I'm so in love with this pattern and the way it fits that I just might make several pairs with different fabrics to see how they do and to give me more casual, weekend clothes.  I could even make shorts with this pattern.

Oh, the endless possibilities...

So, I was wondering, have any of you found a pattern that you loved so much that you made it over and over again? 

Have a great day, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job on these jeans.Looks fantastic..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete